My Sucky Teen Romance 2011

My Sucky Teen Romance 2011
1h 17min | Comedy | 15 March 2011 (USA)
Storyline
In this witty comedy from teen director Emily Hagins, young Kate visits a local comic convention and falls for good-hearted vampire Paul, but her friends are worried when she suddenly starts displaying eerie, undead qualities of her own.
User review:
Saw this film at CONvergence the other day and it was the highlight of my weekend. The story is pretty simple: Teenage supermarket employees get bit by rocker vampire, and then arrive at a typical science fiction/fantasy convention ( I'm not going to spoil the rest). The fun of this movie lives in the detailed writing. At first glance it might appear this is typical Twilight type teen romance junk ( and in fact I think those fans might like this as well) but it is actually more in the style of a movie like Scream, in that it ponders the conventions of Vampires, and especially the movies they come from. Fun cameos, a great young cast, a couple good kill scenes (although I could have used a little more blood) make this a fast paced fun film. I would recommend this movie to fans of Troma to Twilight and I can't say that about many films.
Director: Emily Hagins
Writer: Emily Hagins
Stars: Elaine Hurt, Patrick Delgado, Santiago Dietche

No comments:

Post a Comment