Underage and Gay documentary on Channel 4

Underage and Gay documentary on Channel 4
"I've had phone calls from people saying they're going to murder me," says 15-year-old Beckham, as he explains the extent of the homophobic bullying he has been subjected to since he came out as gay.
The Bradford-born teenager is just one of the youths who took part in Channel 4's documentary Underage And Gay, which aired on Wednesday evening, and gave a glimpse into the dark side of coming out as a young person.

Recent research showed half of LGBT young people had experienced bullying in schools, with a shocking 20% having attempted suicide at least once. And, as the programme revealed, it's no easy ride for many of Britain's LGBT youths.
"During the first two years of coming out I was bullied every day at school," Cariad, also 15, tells The Huffington Post UK. "Homophobic slurs were shouted at me constantly and I was always followed around by boys who said that they could 'change me'. They didn't. Obviously."

No comments:

Post a Comment