Missionary 2013

Missionary 2013
R | 1h 30min | Drama , Thriller | 25 July 2013 (Canada)
Storyline:
Katherine is a struggling mother trying to create a better life for her and her son. She meets Elder Brock, a handsome Mormon missionary with a troubled past and they begin an incendiary love affair. But when Katherine reunites with her estranged husband, Elder Brock can't accept that things are over – and he will stop at nothing to prove to her that they are meant to be together forever!
Motion Picture Rating (MPAA)
Rated R for violence, sexuality and language
User review:
This is the typical B grade stalker movie. There is nothing is new here, it's very predictable, and the acting is mediocre at best. This was recommended to me by a friend, and I watched it on Netflix. I should have looked at the viewer rating first, because if I'd seen it I wouldn't have bothered to watch. I won't make that mistake again any time soon! I suppose I'm not the right audience for this movie. I do like psychological thrillers, but stories about psychos who just go all psychotic with no rhyme or reason just bore me. I'm not a prude about sex or violence, but here are parts of this that just seem to be gratuitous: over-the-top violence just thrown in for effect. When I think about it, I can't imagine a single friend to whom I'd recommend this (except perhaps the one who recommended it to me). As they say, now THERE'S two hours of my life that I won't get back…

No comments:

Post a Comment